Saturday, June 21, 2008

Twins tip scale at 23 pounds

While I'm staring at Air Force One, I get a call from the Atlanta Bureau asking if I'm available for a shoot on Saturday for Weekend Today. Apparently a woman in Winston Salem had given birth to twins weighing in at 23 pounds!

I got released from POTUS (President of the United States) coverage around 7:30pm. I had to pick up my husband from the airport at 8:30 and desperately needed dinner. I finally got into bed around 10:30. When the alarm went off at 3:30 am, I began to question the assignment. It only took an hour and a half to get to Winston. Driving that early can be rough, but your so pumped to get there pure adrenaline keeps you awake.

Setting up people to be interviewed can be rather tricky. You never know how they'll be. Sometimes they freeze up on camera and are a tough interview. This family was a true gem. They were super nice and great for TV. The dad was hilarious. The twins looked like they were 2 or 3 months old and not new born! The family also said they had no clue twins ran in their family! The dad has a long history of twins. Mom didnt seem pleased ;)

They are healthy and got to go home to start their lives. I wish them the best.

Here's the story details:

Twins tip scale at 23 pounds
June 21: Doctors consider 7-and-a-half pounds to be the average size of a healthy newborn. NBC's Lester Holt and Amy Robach speak with Joey and Erin Maynard, the proud parents of twins, who together, weigh in at 23 pounds, one-ounce.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25300767#25300767

No comments: