Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A soldier's return to squalor

NIGHTLY NEWS

I got to go to Fort Bragg and interview the Brigadier General Arthur M. Bartell. I've never felt so much pressure and stress. While touring the barracks and interviewing the soliders I had an audience of 20+ soliders. Disecting everything I said. Talk about pressure. To make matters worse I was under a tight deadline. After the shoot I had to haul back to Raleigh to feed the tape. Fort Bragg is almost 2 hours away! I left the base around 4pm. I clocked myself going around 90mph...kept reminding myself if I got pulled over it would be the end of the piece! Finally rolled into NBC 17 around 5:40. Was only able to feed in one soundbyte from BG Bartell. I felt bad that we didnt get to show that the repairs had been made to the barracks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24512102/
April 30: When Sgt. Jeff Frawley returned from a tour of duty in Afghanistan to deplorable living conditions in the Fort Bragg, N.C., barracks, his outraged father went public with the story. NBC's Jim Miklaszewski reports.

No comments: