Sunday, July 20, 2008

tough questions..

During the press conference both Thursday and Friday the family took questions about the case. They asked beforehand that we ask only questions about Nancy, not about her relationship with Brad, details about the custody petition, basically stick to questions about their daughter. Everyone wants to know what they're thinking and how their coping. I believe the press did a good job respecting their wishes and no one crossed the line with questions. I was very nervous but wanted to ask the family if they had a message for the person who did this to their daughter. I held back for a few minutes trying to figure out how in the world I'd ask such a tough question. I tried phrasing it in such a way that they could decline to answer it. I think they felt I was being respectful and they gave the most honest answer I think they could give.
Here's a clip of the question and Garry Rentz and Krista Lister's response.

http://videos.newsobserver.com/index.php?a=player&id=2005711

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Well done, Eva. I can turn my TV off and avoid the paper and radio but it doesn't make these awful realities go away. You represent a bad lot of reporters really well. You work with grace and allow others to respectfully keep their dignity - but as a professional, you still asked them what I really wanted to know.