Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Zodiac Killer Strikes Fayetteville, NC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461596/

Pretty creepy stuff. This marks the 2nd soldier killed here in NC since Jan 2008. I'm so sick of these stories. This one is pretty darn creepy. Apparently the killer used the zodiac moniker on the bathroom mirror. They also sent a letter to the Fayetteville Observer.

When you're out covering stories like this..you draw a rather unique crowd. You'll have people dying to jump in the back of your live shot. They'll be waving and smiling while you're describing a horrible story. I want to yell at them and tell them how stupid they look but I don't. we’ll also get people come to where we are and ask why we only come to cover the bad stories in their town. I want to tell them, tell the bad stories to quit happening so we don’t have to come cover them!

We had this guy come over and ask us what we thought about this story. We told him jokingly that journalists have no opinions on the stories they cover. We asked him what he thought and he said “as a fellow journalist, I guess I can’t have opinions.” He claimed to be a reporter from a paper I’ve never heard of. He went on to say that the zodiac killer didn’t think “highly enough” of his paper to send them the letter. He seemed like a real know it all type so I tried not to make direct contact with him. Another trick I’ve learned in the field is to ignore these nuts at all costs so I don’t get trapped in a conversation with them.

He finally grabbed my attention when he asked us if we knew that the satellite coordinates of Cross Creek Mall resembled the Zodiac Killers moniker. The Mall is a place located a few miles from where Touma was found.


View Larger Map

It’s the sign of the Zodiac Killer, a circle with an X. He also said the Zodiac Killer liked killing near places with names of water: Cross Creek Mall? Now either we were bored out of our minds…or this freak was onto something.

No comments: